Thursday 2 August 2012

Review: Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser

First off, huge apologies for the lack of posts lately. A combination of life and a lack of inspiration struck and my blog got a bit neglected. However, after catching up on a hell of a lot of blogs and youtube vids, I've found my inspiration again and I'm back. So onto the review!


Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish is one of the most raved skincare items amongst beauty bloggers. A few months ago Red magazine were offering a 30ml sample and muslin cloth with the magazine. Eager to try out this hyped up product I rushed out to get a copy of the magazine and try it out for myself.

The consistency of the Liz Earle cleanser is a thick cream, almost like that of a moisturiser. It has a slight herbal, minty scent to it which, while is a little strange, isn’t off putting. The cleanser is plant based and contains rosemary and camomile which are meant to soothe and balance the skin, in a similar way to the Lush Angels on Bare Skin cleanser I mentioned here.


The Liz Earle cleanser should be gently massaged into dry skin and then any residue gently wiped away with a warm, damp muslin cloth which provides gentle exfoliation. After the cleanser is applied my skin feels instantly cooled and soothed which I found to be nice when cleansing my skin after a long day. Now, personally I don’t like the muslin cloth. I find it to be too flimsy to provide any real exfoliation and much prefer using a bog standard flannel to buff the skin after applying the cleanser. This may just be because I’m used to using flannels as I know a lot of people really enjoy using the muslin cloths. 


I used this product for around 3 weeks and in that period of time I didn’t notice any dramatic difference to the appearance of my skin. I am aware at how short of period of time and know that many people have said this is the product which really helps their skin. If you managed to get a sample of the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish then I would definitely give it a try. I’m undecided as to whether I prefer the Lush Angels on Bare Skin cleanser or the Liz Earle one but I think I would definitely like to try a full sized bottle of the Liz Earle to see if it makes any difference to my complexion.

You can find the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish online here starting at £5.50 for a 30ml bottle and one mulsin cloth or in John Lewis stores.

Have you used the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish? What are your thoughts? Are you a fan of the muslin cloth?

Love 
Rae xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment