Saturday 5 May 2012

Review: Nail Rock Nail Wraps


Hi Everyone

So after having these Nail Rock nail wraps sitting around for the past few months I finally decided to give them ago. I received these in my Glossybox back in November and although the design isn’t something I would normally go for, I really wanted to try these out. They claim to last for up to 7 days on the nails and provide a simple way to make your nails stand out.


I thought they would be easy to apply and only take a few minutes but I think I struggled for about an hour before I finally got to grips with them (after extensive googling). The key to get them smoothly on the nails is to use a hairdryer. The instructions tell you to warm the wraps between your hands for a couple of minutes but this is definitely not enough and I only found them to apply well after blasting them with a hairdryer for about a minute. 

After Initial Application

The great benefit to these is that you don’t need to have to wait around for your nails to dry. Once stuck down firmly on the nails they stay there and that’s what I like about them. 

I wore them before about 6 days before I got a bit bored and wanted a change. They lasted two baths as well as the general wear and tear I put my hands through everyday. Here’s a photograph I took just before I took them off and as you can see there is some wear and tear but nothing too significant. Seeing as I have trouble making ordinary nail varnish last more than two days, and my application of the wraps wasn’t amazing, this is pretty good going. They were very easy to remove as well. I just soaked my hands in warm water for about 3 mins and then peeled the wraps off. Simple! 

After 6 days on the nails
I would definitely buy another set of nail wraps. The design grew on me and I received quite a few compliments too. If you have difficulties keeping nail varnish on your nails, or you have a special event coming up then I would highly recommend you give nail wraps a go. Have you tried out nail wraps before? If so what brand did you try and how did you get on with them?

Love 
R xxx

2 comments:

  1. i really like these, pity nail wraps drive me insane.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling. Applying them was a nightmare but I think the effect is worth it if theres something special coming up x

      Delete