Thursday 29 March 2012

March Glossybox: The Harrods Edition

Hi everyone!

There has been much hype surrounding the Harrods Edition Glossybox and I wasn’t sure if it would live up to the expectations surrounding it. I think there was a good mix of products in the box I received and I will get good use out of most of them. Here’s everything I got in my box:

 

Narciso Rodriguez – For Her Eau de Parfum
Again this has been another perfume which I really like the scent of - woody and floral. It is quite strong however and so will not be for everyone’s taste. The only downside is that I seemed to have a bit of an allergic reaction when I wore this. I was a bit upset about as I enjoyed wearing it and would have used this up otherwise.

Molton Brown – Heavenly Ginger-Lily Moisture Bath and Shower
I’ve seen the brand before and it’s known for being the ‘posh hotel’ type of shower/bath product. This bath/shower gel has a soft floral scent and contains tamanu and macadamia nut oils to hydrate the skin. It’s a handy size for popping into my bag when travelling so I will definitely get some use out of this.

YSL – Forever Youth Liberator Serum
This anti ageing serum seems to be based on a lot of science and so I think this could be quite effective. However at 21 I don’t really suffer from any signs of ageing at the moment and so can’t tell how good this product actually is. I might give this one to my mum to try.

Burberry Beauty – Miniature Lip Cover in Rosewood No 4.

I’m really enjoying all the miniature lip products in the beauty boxes at the moment. It really allows you to try a lip product out properly before purchasing the full sized version. I love the colour of this lipstick – a brown toned nude. It applies smoothly and isn’t drying on the lips. Let’s also not forget how adorable the packaging is!

Clarins Extra Firming Body Cream
I’m glad to have received another Clarins product to try out. This body cream is meant to firm the skin and I’m eager to see the results on those problem areas. The consistency is rather thick yet it readily absorbs into the skin leaving a subtle fresh scent and hydrated skin.

I think the stand out product for me in this box was the Burberry lipstick, however I know that I will end up using most, if not all of the products in the box. Do I think it’s as good as the hype? Yes and no. I think it was a fantastic idea to collaborate with a big department store but once again the variety in people’s boxes is just too much. I think a lot of people were expecting the Burberry lipstick from reading other posts and luckily I got it. The consistency of boxes is something I think Glossybox really needs to work on and hopefully they are listening to their subscribers.  What did you receive in your Harrods Glossybox?

Love Rae
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment