Thursday 8 March 2012

February Carmine Review

This has to be one of the best beauty boxes that I have received in a while, if ever. There is a great variety of products in this box and three full size products. After a lot of people found the January box a little disappointing Carmine have really stepped up their game and produced a fantastic box.
 
So here’s everything that I received this month:

Andrea Fulerton Nail Varnish in Eliza
 
I own one Andrea Fulerton varnish (the trio in Petrol in Water) which I think is amazing and so was happy to see this in my box. The colour is a kingfisher blue, which I wasn’t excited by at first, but after wearing for about half an hour I was in love. I think it’s a great spring/summer colour. The formulation is great, a little sheer but doesn’t chip easily, which is always a must for me. This is one of the full sized products.

Balance Me Rose Otto Moisturising Body Wash
Balance Me products appear to be a regular feature in Carmine boxes but I have found them all to be really great. As will all the other products I have tried, this smells amazing. I have yet to use it in the shower but I’m sure it will be great. This is the second full sized product in the box.

Steamcream Steam-infused Moisturiser
Firstly, the packaging is adorable. This is a moisturiser which can be used on the hands, face and body and is infused with steam and natural essential oils. It has a subtle lavender scent which isn’t too overpowering. It absorbs easily into the skin, leaving it feeling moisturised but not greasy.

Diego Dalla Palma Lipstick in Frost Orange Pink
I love the colour of this lipstick. It is a gorgeous pink/coral lipstick with a frosted finish. I love the colour and finish of this lipstick, it’s very wearable. This lipstick is long wearing without being drying on the lips. It’s possibly one of my favourite products in the box.

White Glo Whitening Toothpaste
Toothpaste is something I thought I would never see in a beauty box but I think it’s a really great idea. This toothpaste is designed with tea and coffee drinkers in mind. I don’t drink tea or coffee but I’m interested to see how white this makes my teeth.

Yardley London Peony Fragrance
I’m glad Carmine have labelled this sample as a bonus. Fragrances tend to be my least favourite aspect of beauty boxes and I consider them to be space fillers. However, I really like this fragrance. It is a light floral peony scent. It’s possibly the first sample I would consider purchasing.

So that’s everything I received in the February box. It’s a cracker of a box and I think I will use all of the products inside. What are your thoughts?

Love Rae
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment